- Verizon Wireless Internal Credentials, Infrastructure Details Exposed in Amazon S3 Bucket
Verizon is the latest company to leak confidential data through an exposed Amazon S3 bucket.
- EternalBlue Exploit Used in Retefe Banking Trojan Campaign
Banking Trojan Retefe is adopting new WannaCry tricks, adding an EternalBlue module to propagate the malware.
- 2016 SEC Hack May Have Benefited Insider Trading
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said this week that hackers managed to infiltrate one of its systems last year, something that likely facilitated insider trading.
- Samba Update Patches Two SMB-Related MiTM Bugs
Samba released three security updates, including two related to SMB connections that could be abused by an attacker already on the network to hijack connections and manipulate traffic or data sent fro …
- What’s New In Android 8.0 Oreo Security
Google’s Android security team has turned a corner with 8.0 Oreo, reducing the attack surface, compartmentalizing components and beefing up protection against rogue apps.
- Threatpost News Wrap, September 22, 2017
The Equifax data breach saga so far, a Google HTTPS warnings paper, cryptocurrency mining at the Pirate Bay, and bringing machine learning to passwords are all discussed.
- Iranian APT33 Targets US Firms with Destructive Malware
APT33 targets petrochemical, aerospace and energy sector firms based in U.S., Saudi Arabia and South Korea with destructive malware linked to StoneDrill.
- Joomla Patches Eight-Year-Old LDAP Injection Vulnerability
Joomla on Tuesday patched a critical LDAP injection vulnerability that had lingered in the content management system for eight years. Attackers could use this bug to steal admin login credentials.
- What Triggers HTTPS Chrome Browser Warnings?
Researchers combed through 2,000 Chrome error reports to better classify HTTPS error warnings.
- Malware Steals Data From Air-Gapped Network via Security Cameras
Proof-of-concept malware called aIR-Jumper can be used to bypass air-gapped network protections and send data in and out of network.